Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tinkerbell Room

Well, it got an itch to go ahead and start Hannah's Tinkerbell themed room.  SO I went and bought paint yesterday and I am proud to say that I am more than 3/4 of the way done with her room.  Of course I painted the walls first.  They were an ugly gray when we bought the house last year but now they are the perfect shade of Tinkerbell green.  I added wall stickers and crafted a bed canopy today.  I still need to get the bedding out, sew some curtains, and add some finishing touches but all in all I am really happy with my progress. 

I also made a little holder for her books out or wire hangers, but I haven't decided if I like that or not yet.  So we will see if it stays. 


The bed canopy was kinda a pain because I knew how I wanted it to look but I wasn't sure how I was going to get there.  In the end I am happy with it and so is she.  ( Which is the most important part!) 

I used the dome top of an old bird cage and I attached it to the wall with mirror hangers.  You know the little plastic ones that have a ridge to hold frame less mirrors? 

I tied purple tulle to the sides and back of the frame and them I took some satin and stitched out some leaves.  ( suppose to look like Tinkerbell;s dress bottom). 


mess


Let me just tell ya, this satin is some fraying stuff to work with and it LOVES to move.  I used straight pins and bobby pins to keep it in place.  I also used a satin stitch to form the leaves. 


So this is what I have done so far.  What do you think??  Does the bed look like a Tinkerbell bed or am I just bias?? 


By the way, I bought everything for this room except the paint online.  I love online shopping.  :D 



Free Shipping on orders $35+

No comments:

Post a Comment