Saturday, February 4, 2012

For Ya'll's Hair

I spent my Saturday afternoon crocheting different patterns I found across the web.
Hair accessories was the goal.

Here are the links to the patterns I used.














( English is all the way down to the bottom of the pattern)




Then I played around a little with the patterns and combined the spiral ties and flowers to make my own floral ponytail ties. I liked each of the patterns alot. They stitched out well.


I also made some little hair bows.  Messing around with some yarn one night I accidentally made a bow with some scrap yarn. And Tada! Almost free hair bows. So I went to Sally's and bought a package of 24 barrettes for 3 dollars ( you could use bobby pins too but the barrettes work better in the hair) and I made some bows.







I used a G hook.

Chain 15 turn
hdc in 2nd chain from hook and across (14 hdc)
Row 2-8 hdc in each hdc, ch 1 turn.
sc in each hdc across, do not chain or turn, continue to sc around the perimeter of the bow ( make sure you do 2 sc in each corner stitch.
Finish off

Cut a piece of yarn long enough to wrap around the center of the bow enough times to make the center knot. I did some fat and some thin.
Tie off center, weave in ends.
Insert barrette or bobby pin into back of center knot and your done.

For a little variety I crocheted one in back loops only and it gives it a ribbed look. You could also add a little button to the center knot or a jewel, etc. Fun Fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment