Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting Ready for Spring

It's that time of year again, when I get that itch for the cold to GO AWAY and the heat to Bring It!  I LOVE spending time outside in my yard.  We plant some herbs and few vegetables every year and this year is no different.  My girls and I have already started my seedlings in my kitchen window and the last 2 days I cleaned up my deck area and cleaned out my old flower pots for new plantings!  I found these really cool PLASTIC Adirondack style chairs at Lowe's.  I love anything plastic.  It cleans up well.  Kids and animals in my life force me to LOVE anything that cleans up easy!  Anyway, these chairs have inspired my garden theme this year.  It's a kids theme because my kids LOVE to garden with me and I love anything the make and help me do.  We are going eclectic with primary colors.  We are recycling/up cycling, redecorating, repainting, and reusing everything in our garden this year.  You have to let me know what you think so far.  Here are a few pics of what we have done so far. 

 These are our inspiration


 We painted some of our rocks the primary colors.  And buried some of our pots and cleaned them out. 


 I picked up some tires off Craig's list for free and we are painting them to use as planters for our wild flowers. 



 My little ones painting away on those rocks! 


 These are some old hanging yard art that was given to me a few years back by my mother in law.  We spruced it up to go with our theme. 




We still have a lot to do, but we made a dent!  And so far, I am loving it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment