Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crocheted sponges for some cleaning


Using a size G hook and peaches and cream yarn

Chain 38
Rd 1 Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and across, ch 1 turn ( 36 hdc)
Rd 2 ( back loops only)
hdc in each hdc across, chain 1 turn ( 36 hdc)
Rd 3-6 repeat rd 2 ( still working in back loops only)
Fasten off leaving a long enough tail to sew around the perimeter of the sponge.

To form the sponge fold the rectangle you just made in half. Using a crochet needle , stitch sponge together with tail left from finishing.
Done!

You could get fancy and put a trim on the sponge, but I like the size these turn out. They are the perfect size for my hand and to reach into corners, etc.

This is the first original pattern I have ever posted, so if there is a problem or it is unclear, please let me know and I will try to help.
Pin It

Tara






3 comments: