Saturday, February 11, 2012

HATE THOSE UGLY CONTAINERS!

My husband came home with 4 of the most beautiful Flamingo Flower plants from his office last week. I guess they get rid of them monthly and my hubby ( being totally aware of what a recycle and frugal nut I am) correctly grabbed them up and brought them home for me. Thanks Honey! Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I hated the plastic white containers they came in. I guess they weren't giving away the pretty ceramic pots they had them in! Anyway, since they were free, I wanted to keep them as free as possible and I didn't want to go buy 4 expensive pretty pots. So I put my thinking cap on and decided to Modge Podge the white plastic one with brown paper.

Here's what happened! It was easy peasy! 

Before and After! 


First I tore and modge podged the brown paper around the containers. 


Then I stained the paper with a tea bag and covered the entire area with another coat of modge podge. 


I them added some floral moss and tied a thin piece of hemp string around the top of the pot.  I guess I did that for good measure, because it really doesn't add anything to the over all look! 

DONE!  No more ugly white plastic pot!  And it didn't cost me a penny.  Gotta LOVE FREE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment